1. The benefits of a temporary residence card
– Temporary residence card is considered as a long-term visa.
– The card is issued to foreigners temporarily staying for 1 year or more by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security. Temporary residence cards have a term of 1 year to 3 years. Persons carrying temporary residence cards shall be exempt from visa upon exit or entry within the duration of the card. (Clause 3, Article 15 of the Ordinance on Entry, Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam).
– Foreigners who are granted a temporary residence card can buy an apartment and in the near future they will be able to buy a house. Currently, the Ministry of Construction is proposing that foreigners buy houses in Vietnam to solve the problem of housing.
– Foreigners can stay in Vietnam for a long time. The card is still alive without leaving Vietnam.
2. Newly issued temporary residence card holders are those listed below
– Investors investing in Vietnam, being individual investors, named on the investment certificate
– Foreign workers who have a work permit issued by the Labor Office
– Foreigners with Husband and Parents Children are Vietnamese
– The spouse, the children under 16 years of the investor, the laborer
– Foreign students studying at universities and colleges in Vietnam are sponsored by such organizations
3. Dossiers of application for temporary residence cards
– Original passport – A visa issued by the company or old temporary residence card
– Form NA6 used for guarantee, signed by the guarantor
– Form NA8 used to apply for a card, as proposed by the Applicant
– Two 3 × 4 images,
– Confirmation of temporary residence of the regional police of the applicant
– Work Permit with Worker / Investment Certificate with Investor / Certificate of Relationship with the Guarantor with the Home Stay Card, and other proofs on a case-by-case basis.
4. The temporary residence card issuing agency is one of three agencies:
1. Department of Immigration Management – Ministry of Public Security
2. Immigration Office – Provincial Police
3. Ministry of Foreign Affairs
5. Legal basis
– Law No. 47/2014 / QH13 promulgated on June 16, 2014. “Entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam”
– Circular No. 31/2015 / TT-BCA guiding the issuance of visas, issuing temporary residence cards, granting immigration permits, and settling permanent residence of foreigners. Vietnam issued by the Minister of Public Security
– Circular 04/2015 / TT-BCA stipulates forms of papers related to the entry and exit of foreigners living in Vietnam issued by the Minister of Public Security.
6. Processing time of card granting dossiers
Within 5 working days from the date of receipt of full dossier. Immigration authorities or competent authorities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs consider issuing cards to foreigners.
Contact: 09126.96.36.199 – 0225.38552.698